Should and Will Guantanamo Close?
After the release of a new plan by President Obama, a panel of legal experts, national security professionals, journalists, government officials, and military officials will discuss the plan's feasibility: What is at stake? What are the pros and cons? What are the obstacles?
- Jess Bravin, Journalist at the Wall Street Journal. Author of "The Terror Courts: Rough Justice at Guantanamo Bay."
- Alberto Mora, Senior Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School Carr Center for Human Rights Policy, Costs & Consequences of Torture Program.
- Ashika Singh, Professor at Tulane University, Ex-Attorney at the U.S. State Department and in the Office of the Legal Adviser, and most recently in the Office of Political-Military Affairs.
- Adam Thurschwell, General Counsel, Military Commissions Defense Organization.
- Sharon Weill, Lecturer and Researcher in Intel Law, Sciences Po Paris and Visiting Scholar, Berkeley School of Law.
Moderator: Mark Danner, UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
Sponsored by the Institutions and Governance Program. Co-sponsored by the Kadish Center for Morality, Law, and Public Affairs, the Institute of International Studies, and the Human Rights Center.